Saturday, March 18, 2017

Joy

Zechariah 1:3
"3 Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the Lord of hosts, "Return to Me," declares the Lord of hosts, "that I may return to you,"says the Lord of hosts."

     Last year during my trip to Haiti, I became extremely close to a little boy named Cardy. He lives in the orphanage with his two brothers and many other orphaned children. The love I gave and received from Cardy was so immense that it cannot merely be described, it has to be felt. The last day I had with him was a bittersweet day. I knew that I had given a piece of myself to this child that he would be able to carry forever, but I also knew that I would not get to hold him for another year. The days after I had returned home dragged on and on. Not only was I missing Haiti, but I felt like I was missing a piece of myself. It felt the day for me to return to Haiti was an eternity away. Now that the day has finally arrived, I can feel that missing piece of myself that I left with Cardy. The love a mother must have for her child is unimaginable, because I have given so much of my heart to this one child that is not remotely mine.
     Ever since we landed I had been pestering Glenn about two very important things, eating spaghetti and going to the orphanage as soon as we arrived. Once he finally caved in and walked a few of us down, I was not ready for the amount of joy that descended over me. As I walked around the corner to step into the commons room, Cardy was running after a friend right towards me. I was afraid he would not remember me and that I would have to start a relationship with him all over again, that was not the case at all. In the middle of a dead sprint, he stopped in his tracks and his eyes lit up brighter than the heavens. He came running towards me and gave me the world's most sincere hug. Time felt like it had stopped and I felt completely whole again. The relationship that Cardy and I share may not be based off of understanding each other verbally, but being able to laugh and play together.
     As I thought more and more about how amazing the reunion between Cardy and I was it reminded me of something that I think most everyone who is a follower of Christ can relate to. Sometimes as Christians we stray away from the gospel no matter if it is intentional or unintentional. We may feel led astray, but when wee turn that corner to return back to him, His eyes light up and He is the happiest He has ever been. No matter how long you may be astray, He will always be waiting for you with open arms waiting for you to come back to Him.


 






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the details of that moment . I felt like I was with you when you saw him for the first time again
    ❤momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sweety. It's awesome to let love overwhelm you sometimes. It is powerful. That's how I felt about my father and how I feel about you. Pour out your heart sweet pea...and keep writing. You are getting better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John 13:34 ESV

    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

    You sound like you are having a special time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great read! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete