Saturday, March 11, 2017

Preparing My Heart

Philippians 4:6-7
"6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
     As the day for me to return to Haiti approaches, I have become restless in the fact that I still am not mentally prepared to see and be a part of all the poverty. Coming from such a privileged country, state, and family, it is difficult to witness the problems these families go through while simultaneously knowing that back home I have running water, power, and a closet full of clothes. The one thing I learned last year is that you have to give all of the love you have, and then some to the children and adults. By giving all of this love away, you learn to have such an open heart coming back into the United States. My prayers for the next five days are that I can prepare myself to give every ounce of love and strength I have to every person I meet on my trip. I hope to leave a piece of my heart with every person I meet on this trip.

3 comments:

  1. I love your desire to serve and help others. Be safe. I Love you with my whole entire heart. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you all in your calling to help others. Love and peace be with you all.

    ReplyDelete