Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Gods promise to us

Genesis 9:12-15
"And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh."

     This morning we went to a different outpost. This one was not as orderly as the one we went to yesterday. Parents and children were pushing their way through to be seen by the doctors, but only 50 were supposed to be seen. Although only a limited amount of people were supposed to come in, we ended up seeing over 150. The women out there are more willing to let you hold their children, because surviving themselves is hard enough. For some reason I felt led to approach a woman in the back holding a very tiny baby. Once I held the baby, the woman who had handed me to her told me that the baby's mother was dead. This baby was burning up and coughing, so I brought the woman to the front of the line to be seen as quickly as possible. I stayed with the woman and the baby throughout their whole time there and helped tell Larry what was wrong. The grandmother who was taking care of her had said that she had not ever breast fed, because her mother died when she was born. She had gone 9 months without being breast fed which is an essential part of a child's growth. Although her lungs looked healthy, her ears were red and she was inhabiting lots of mucus. The grandmother who was taking care of her said "mama" and pointed toward me. She was trying to tell this baby that I was her mother, because she wanted me to take her and take care of her. My heart broke as a grandmother willingly offered her child up for her to have a better life. Isn't that what God did when He offered up His son as a way to give us a better life? As much as I wanted to bring this beautiful baby home with me, I sadly had to decline, because that would be slightly illegal. I pray for this child and her well being as she grows as a child of Christ. 
      After the outpost, we got to see the farm that was created by a group in West Virginia. We only saw about 25% of it, but there were so many animals and fruit. For miles and miles all the eyes could see was green. To thank us for being in Ft.Liberté they gave us coconuts, papayas, and watermelon. The generosity of the workers on the farm was so immense and very appreciated. On the way back to the house I got to ride on top of the tap tap. It was raining and a white girl was riding on top of a Haitian vehicle, as you can imagine, every Haitian eye was on me. I waved at everyone I could like I was a circus animal being paraded. I'm just glad I can say that I put on a parade in Haiti. 

     After lunch I went back to the orphanage as usual. Today we got to pull the girls off to the side and read the story of Noah's ark to them. After we read this story, we asked the girls that if God called them to leave everything behind and build an ark, they would. It was interesting, because any other child in the U.S. would say that they would not leave their stuff behind. These children are so willing to give themselves to the Lord and it is so inspiring. After we talked and prayed with them, we laid out shoes to give to them. The girls were so excited to get some sparkly toms. I have seen God work in so many ways and it has only been four days. God is working His way through this country and it shines through these children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment